Original Webinar Information
With many Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) facing an increase in the number of Donation after Circulatory Determination of Death (DCDD) cases yearly, the opportunity to save lives has grown significantly, especially with the evolvement of DCDD organ recovery practices. In this course we will examine the importance of expanding the pool of available hearts through DCDD. Continued advancements in perfusion technologies demonstrate what was once considered impossible is here in the present and being performed successfully around the country.
At the end of the webinar, participants should be able to:
- Apply methodologies learned to successfully facilitate DCDD heart recoveries.
- Summarize the additional needs of DCDD heart procurement cases.
- Identify the continued advancements of DCDD heart procurement.
- Discuss the ethical considerations associated with DCDD heart recoveries.
- List the programs actively pursuing DCDD Heart procurements.
No results found.
Members of the donation and transplantation community serving diverse populations to include administrators, coordinators, physicians, nurses, surgeons, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, and other donation and transplantation center professionals and their colleagues.