The Alliance Conversation Series brings you cost-free, fast-paced collaborative opportunities that highlight successful donation and transplantation practices across the country. Through shared insight, multidisciplinary experts identify solutions to critical challenges affecting the community of practice and actively share them for open discussion and broader knowledge of effective practices.
Sessions are designed to be approximately 30-45 minutes in length and encourage real-time feedback and participation from viewers.
Overview: Success for an OPO is measured by the volume of organs transplanted – numbers – because that means more lives saved. It is as simple as that. It is tempting to believe that there are quick fixes yet to be discovered that can make our path to success easier. The truth is simpler than that and if a laser focus is maintained on driving for, and achieving results, if competence and knowledge are nurtured, then your organization has a base upon which to build. Achieving results takes leadership, knowledge, and yes, passion, but most of all, those traits must be pared with a sound work ethic, showing up, not being timid but rather engaging the inevitable tension that accompanies our interdisciplinary work. We are here to save lives. We will talk about the nuts and bolts of key elements on our path to 92. . .
- benchmarking and the knowledge it imparts,
- leadership and inspiring staff,
- the legacy of the Organ Donation Breakthrough Collaborative’ s gift to us – a Change Package that is a living, breathing roadmap to success
- the new CMS OPO performance metrics and how they crystalize focus on numbers / mission, and
- work: engaging tension, solving problems, seizing opportunities and never being timid in our duty to save lives.
That is what took us to the “92”.