At a Glance
Journey to Transplant for Sensitized Kidney, Heart and Lung Candidates
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 2:00pm – 3:00pm EDT / 11:00am – 12:00pm PDT
Purpose / Goal
Successfully transplanting highly sensitized patients is an ongoing challenge for transplant centers and their candidates, especially those with high CPRAs. This webinar will delve into the overall process for screening and identifying highly sensitized candidates and the contributing causes of sensitization. We will discuss key elements that need to be considered when evaluating patients and the associated requirements for adding sensitized candidates to the UNetSM Waitlist. Lastly, we will explore pre-transplant desensitization options and outline effective strategies for organ offer decision-making with respect to sensitized candidates.
- Describe the process for screening and identifying transplant candidates that are sensitized.
- Identify common contributing causes of transplant candidates’ sensitization.
- List key elements to be considered when adding sensitized transplant candidates to the UNetSM Waitlist and the associated requirements.
- Discuss pre-transplant desensitization options for sensitized transplant candidates.
- Outline strategies to consider when evaluating organ offers for sensitized transplant candidates.
Who Does This Benefit?
Members of the donation and transplantation community serving diverse populations to include administrators, coordinators, physicians, nurses, surgeons, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, and other donation and transplantation center professionals and their colleagues.