At a Glance
Offer Acceptance Practices: An Exploration of the Current & Future Landscape
Thursday, June 23, 2022, at 3:00pm – 4:00pm EDT / 3:00pm – 4:00pm EDT
To effectively evaluate the extent and impact of variability of organ acceptance practices throughout the US, it’s important to understand the new transplant center metrics and their intended goal to increase operational efficiencies in organ allocation. The course aims to increase knowledge and awareness surrounding organ offer acceptance practices through an in-depth review of the updated organ offer filters and the recently approved MPSC transplant metric based on organ offer acceptance ratio.
- Discuss the OPTN tenants of organ allocation, the current kidney allocation system, and value of the OPTN efforts towards continuous distribution.
- Summarize the data available for current program organ offer acceptance patterns.
- Explain the new OPTN-approved transplant center metrics, which includes a new metric of organ offer acceptance ratio and its purpose to increase operational efficiencies in organ allocation and reduce discards.
- Explain history and motivation behind the development of organ offer filters, understand what they are, and how centers and OPOs can maximize their impact.
- Describe how the national rollout for kidney offer filters is going and the future landscape.
Members of the donation and transplantation community serving diverse populations to include administrators, coordinators, physicians, nurses, surgeons, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, and other donation and transplantation center professionals and their colleagues.