As we begin Day 2 of the National Critical Issues Forum, The Alliance is pleased to share a highlight of our innovative “Success Lab” breakout sessions. Leaders participated in four different breakout sessions dealing with issues related to Operations, Relationships, and Finances. Each was led by a moderator and spokesperson. After the hour-long discussions, each group reported the insights to the broader group of event attendees. Kevin Lee, Chief Organ Operations Officer for Mid-America Transplant, served as moderator for the entire afternoon of shared reports. The insights shared will help The Alliance to determine key topics for on-going programming in the future.
During the reports, we invited a live sketch artist to capture the conversations. This video captures the discussion of each individual Success Lab session. This provided a fun and innovative way to share the energy and ideas that emerged from the groups.
The Alliance recognizes each of the individuals involved in leading the Success Labs sessions.
- Kevin Lee, Chief Organ Operations Officer, Mid-America Transplant – Facilitator for the entire afternoon
- Dominic Adorno, Vice President of Clinical Operations, LifeCenter Northwest
- Yvette Chapman, VP, Business Partner Development, Client Services, Southwest Transplant Alliance
- Kiran Dhanireddy, MD, Executive Director, Transplant Institute, Surgical Director, Liver Transplantation, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Tampa General Hospital
- Ana Hands, MD, Vice President, Multi-Organ Transplant Institute, Ochsner Health
- Macey Devan (Henderson), JD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- George V. Mazariegos, MD, Professor of Surgery, Jamie Lee Curtis Endowed Chair in Transplantation Surgery; Director, Pediatric Transplant Surgery – Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
- Katie McKee, Manager, Hospital Partnership and Donor Family Aftercare, LifeSource
- Michael J. Souter, MD, Professor & Chief of Anesthesiology, Harborview Medical Center; Medical Director, LifeCenter Northwest
Success Lab 1: Operational Issues – Organ Distribution
Success Lab 2: Operational Issues – Overcoming Waitlist Challenges
Success Lab 3: Relationship Issues
Success Lab 4: Financial Issues