As we begin Day 2 of the 2021 National Donor Management Summit, The Alliance is pleased to share highlights of two of our early sessions dedicated to new ways of thinking: “The Dynamics of Change Management” and “Cutting Edge Clinical Innovations.” This year’s Summit focuses on “new world changes,” current issues and innovative trends impacting the community.
During these presentations, we invited a live sketch artist to capture the conversations. These hand-drawn graphical renderings capture the discussions about these compelling topics and provided a fun and innovative way to share the energy and ideas that emerged from the presenters.
Dr. John Scanlon and Dr. John Chessare (President & Chief Executive Officer GBMC HealthCare) kicked off the morning by engaging the audience about the ever-present truth: change. In this dynamic era of donation and transplantation, our presenters along with special guests Kevin O’Connor, President and CEO of LifeCenter Northwest, and Jan Finn, President and CEO of Midwest Transplant Network, discussed the components of successful change in an evolving field.
- Cutting Edge Topics in Brain Death, presented by Dr. Ariane Lewis (Director of the Division of Neurocritical Care Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery, NYU Langone Medical Center(
- Extracorporeal Life Support and Organ Donation, presented by Dr. Heidi Dalton (Director, Research/Program Development, ECLS at INOVA Health System)
- The Future of Transplantation, presented by Dr. Shaf Keshavjee (Director, Toronto Lung Transplant Program at the University of Toronto)
- Innovations in Drone Support, presented by Debbi MacRann (Chief Clinical Officer at The Living Legacy Foundation)
- Research from an OPO Perspective, presented by Manny Rasool (Manager, Research & Living Donation at Washington Regional Transplant Community)
Check out the video below: