The Alliance is pleased to announce our topics for the 2021 Advancement Learning Series webinars for the donation and transplantation community of practice.
The Advancement Learning Series, The Alliance’s flagship professional learning program, is an online series of hour-long classes presented several times per month. Experts discuss cutting-edge topics ranging from innovations in the field to emerging best practices for broader implementation. Each topic is identified by members of The Alliance’s expert faculty workgroups, who identify critical topics impacting the donation and transplantation community. They then select leading national experts to share critical insights in four multidisciplinary content areas: Donation Focus, Transplant Focus, Innovation Focus and Brain Death Focus.
2021 Donation-Focus, Transplant-Focus and Innovation-Focus Webinar Topics include:
- What a Year of COVID-19 Times Has Taught Us (January 12, 2021)
- Telehealth & Telemedicine: Maximizing Transplantation Amid Pandemic (January 28, 2021)
- Authorization Dynamics During COVID-19
- A Tale of Two Centers: Expanding the Donor Pool Through the Use of DCD Hearts (February 23, 2021)
- Multi-Organ Donation and Allocation
- Nutrition-Focused Patient Exams
- Remote Workforce Management (March 30, 2021)
- Exploring Technologies Leveraged to Transplant More Organs
- Pediatric Transplantation
- Pediatric DCD Cases
- Independent Living Donor Advocates (ILDAs) and Living Donors
- Physician Engagement and Resident Education
- Lung Recruitment Techniques
- Vendor Showcase: “Highlighting the Top Tech Innovations in Organ Donation and Transplantation” (July 15, 2021)
- Pharmacology for Coordinators and Patient Education
- Planning for the Unexpected: Exploring Unique Solutions
- Sensitized Patients
- C-Suite Connectivity
- Benchmarking in Transplant
- Innovative Approaches to Eliminating Viral Loads (October 14, 2021)
- New CMS Measures and Change Packet
- Response to the American Kidney Health Act
Additional Brain Death-Focus webinars will be announced at a later date.
Each webinar garners 1 CEPTC and/or 1 nursing contact hour, upon completion of a brief post-webinar evaluation. Select webinars also offer CME and/or dietitian credits.
The best way to take full advantage of the Advancement Learning Series is with a 2021 Professional Partnership. For a single annual assessment, partner organizations receive access to all live webinar programs, with additional tiered benefits and discounts designed to accommodate the needs of your team. Click here to learn more about Professional Partnership Benefits and discounts.
To learn more about the Advancement Learning Series (Transplantation Webinar) Program, visit https://www.organdonationalliance.org/events/live-advancement-series/.