The Alliance is pleased to announce the topics for the 2021 Conversation Series (formerly known as the Virtual Town Hall Series).
These cost-free, fast-paced collaborative opportunities bring together donation and transplant professionals to highlight successful practices across the country. Through shared insight, multidisciplinary experts identify solutions to critical challenges affecting the community of practice and actively share them for open discussion and broader knowledge of effective practices.
2021 Conversation Series Topics include:
- March 16, 2021: Strategies to Increase Organ Utilization, featuring Adyr Moss, MD (Chair, Division of Transplant Surgery – Mayo Clinic Arizona)
- May 12, 2021: Cultural Competencies, featuring Hedi Aguiar (Founding Principal and Instructor, Fundamental Roots)
- June 22, 2021: Donation and Transplantation COVID-19 Update, featuring Michael G. Ison, MD, MS, FIDSA, FAST (Professor, Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Organ Transplantation – Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine)
- July 2021: Strategies for the New CMS Regulations: One OPO’s Experience
- September 2021: Addressing Minority Disparity in Access to Transplantation: Effective Practices to Educate the African American Community on Organ Donation
- November 2021: Transplanting COVID-positive Organs: A Collaborative Protocol
Conversation Series sessions are designed to be approximately 30-45 minutes in length and encourage real-time feedback and participation from viewers. Professionals are invited to participate live, or watch on-demand at no cost through The Alliance YouTube channel.
All topics and presenters have been carefully selected by The Alliance Conversation Series Workgroup, a multidisciplinary panel of experts who advise on critical issues affecting the donation and transplantation community of practice. The 2021 workgroup includes:
- Steve Blackburn – Director, EMR Informatics – LifeGift
- Joann Brooks, ADN/RN, LPN, MSN – Educational Nurse Coordinator, University of Michigan Medical Center
- Amanda Habermehl – Manager of Hospital Development – ConnectLife
- Katie McKee – Hospital Partnership, Donor Family Aftercare, LifeSource
- Gwen McNatt, RN, PhD, CN, FNP-BC – Chief Administrative Officer, Organ Transplant Center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Meg Rogers – Director, Transplant Center Relations, LifeSource
- Candy Wells, BSN, MM – Director of Organ Utilization, LifeCenter Northwest
- Glenn Matsuki – Program Consultant, The Alliance
Additional registration details will be announced on The Alliance website and in The Monday Minute in the coming weeks.