The Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance (The Alliance) is pleased to announce the 2021 Board of Directors and new Executive Committee. The new Executive Committee includes Chair Kevin Myer (LifeGift), Chair-Elect Dr. Ana Hands (Ochsner Health System), Immediate Past Chair Paul Myoung (Massachusetts General Hospital), Secretary Richard Gilroy (Intermountain Medical Center) and Treasurer Patricia Niles (Southwest Transplant Alliance).
To serve the vision of The Alliance, the board of directors is comprised of leaders from diverse donation and transplant programs, as well as other important healthcare organizations, including UNOS, American Society of Transplantation (AST), American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS), Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO), American College of Healthcare Executives, the Joint Commission and the American Hospital Association.
“We are thrilled to work closely with these eighteen committed leaders,” said Karri Hobson-Pape, Executive Director of The Alliance. “Their unique backgrounds and diverse experience make them a great asset to The Alliance’s board, the organization, and the field at large.”
These board members bring years of experience and leadership to help advance the field to save and heal lives. The board will steer the strategic planning process for The Alliance and will oversee several important programs that will be rolled out in the coming year.
2021 Board Members and Executive Committee
- Chair: Mr. Kevin Myer, President & Chief Executive Officer, LifeGift
- Chair-Elect: Dr. Ana Hands, Vice President, International Health Services and Multi-Organ Transplant Institute, Ochsner Health System
- Immediate Past Chair: Mr. Paul Myoung, Senior Administrative Director, Transplant Center, Division of Transplant Surgery and Mechanical Circulatory Support Program, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Secretary: Dr. Richard Gilroy, Hepatologist & Medical Director, Liver Transplant Program, Intermountain Medical Center
- Treasurer: Ms. Patricia Niles, President and Chief Executive Officer, Southwest Transplant Alliance
- Dr. Jennifer Berumen, Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon, Assistant Professor of Surgery, UC San Diego Health – Representative from American Society of Transplantation (AST)
- Ms. Jan Finn, CEO, President & Chief Executive Officer, Midwest Transplant Network
- Ms. Nancy Foster, Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety Policy, American Hospital Association
- Ms. Laura Gayton, Associate Director, Standards Interpretation, The Joint Commission
- Dr. David Klassen, Chief Medical Officer, United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- Dr. John Magee, Jeremiah & Claire Turcotte Professor of Transplant Surgery / Director, University of Michigan Transplant Center – Representative from American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS)
- Mr. Tom Mone, Chief Executive Officer, OneLegacy
- Dr. Thomas A. Nakagawa, Professor – University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville Medical Director – Pediatric Intensive Care, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, University of Florida College of Medicine – Representative from Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
- Mr. Howard Nathan, President & Chief Executive Officer, Gift of Life Donor Program
- Mr. Kevin O’Connor, President and Chief Executive Officer, LifeCenter Northwest
- Ms. Emma O’Riley, Director, Product Marketing, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Ms. Kelly Ranum, Chief Executive Officer, Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency – Representative from the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations (AOPO)
- Dr. Jon Snyder, Director of Transplant Epidemiology, Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
For more information about individual board members, visit: https://www.organdonationalliance.org/about/board-of-directors/