Orientation for Transplant Staff
OnboardingU is a series of online learning modules designed to supplement a transplant center's existing employee orientation program. By providing staff with expertly-developed content, this orientation tool creates an understanding of the roles and interconnected responsibilities of the multidisciplinary transplant team.
Drawing from the expert knowledge of transplant colleagues across the country, OnboardingU™ is a library of online training modules intended to supplement a transplant center’s employee training program. Each interactive half-hour module may be completed for CEPTC and/or nursing credit. For one affordable subscription fee, each user gains unlimited access to the entire library of modules for a twelve-month period.
Alliance Training Series
AT A GLANCE
For one affordable subscription fee, gain unlimited access to the entire OnboardingU training library for a 12-month period.
Download the OnboardingU™ Course Catalog for more information on available courses and continuing education credit information.
Experience a free trial
Experience OnboardingU with a free 7-day trial. To get started, send us an email with your name, title, organization and phone number.
Continuing Education Credit
The Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance offers 0.5 Category I CEPTC credits from the American Board for Transplant Certification per completed module. Certified clinical transplant and procurement coordinators and certified clinical transplant nurses seeking CEPTC credit must complete the evaluation upon a module’s completion.
This program has been approved by The Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance (provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #17117) for 1.0 Contact Hour per two (2) completed half-hour modules. No partial credits will be awarded. Modules have been pre-paired for credit approval. Nursing certificates will be immediately available for download upon completion of all of the following criteria:
- Both modules have been completed and passed with a score of 80% or higher.
- User’s RN license number has been entered into his/her user profile.
- Nursing credit evaluation is complete.
OnboardingU Comparative Return on Investment
Subscription rates are priced per user. Users will have access to the full training library, as well as any new modules added within the 12-month subscription period. Special pricing discounts are offered for Alliance Professional Partner Organizations.
NEW: We are pleased to offer new reduced pricing for 2021!
Annual rate per user:
- Bronze Circle Partners:
- Gold Circle Partners: $225
- Silver Circle Partners: $175
- Platinum Circle Partners: $125
OnboardingU’s target audience includes members of the multidisciplinary transplantation team, including administrators, coordinators, nurses, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians, and other transplantation center professionals. These courses are particularly helpful for new transplant staff members and leaders who unfamiliar with transplantation, organizations with orientation deficits, and individuals seeking to learn more about transplantation from an interactive and engaging source.
OnboardingU’s training modules have been designed to integrate seamlessly into your transplant center’s existing training and orientation program for an enhanced, comprehensive training experience. View our Sample Orientation Plan to see a recommended module curriculum by role.
Members of the multidisciplinary transplantation team, including administrators, coordinators, nurses, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, pharmacists, dietitians, and other transplantation center
Frequently Asked Questions
- OnboardingU is a supplemental training aid for new and experienced transplant professionals. It assists in your fulfilling your regulatory training requirements, and is a Medicare reimbursable training expense.
- OnboardingU frees valuable transplant center staff time and cost by covering foundational and role-specific basics for new employees, and is easily adaptable into a transplant center’s orientation program.
- Your subscription provides unlimited access to the entire library of training modules for one year. Any new modules added to the training library during the course of your subscription are also included
- For a full list of available modules, complete with each modules objectives and curriculum, download the latest Course Catalog.
- OnboardingU is exceptionally priced compared to other organization’s professional training programs, and is highly cost-effective as no travel is involved! Users also have access to the entire training library for the full 12-month duration of their subscription.
- Significant discounts are available for Alliance Professional Partner organizations. For pricing and discount information, visit the Pricing Information tab above.
- No. OnboardingU’s subscriptions are based on individual users. Users may not share login credentials, or use login credentials to train multiple individuals. CE credit for completed modules may only be claimed for the user account holder.
Meet the Transplant Onboarding Program Workgroup Members
The need for this Transplant Onboarding Program was identified and proposed by The Alliance Transplant Leadership Council and after a survey of the transplant community, became one of the Council’s projects.
The Alliance would like to thank the members of the Transplant Onboarding Workgroup who have contributed their time and expertise to develop the Transplant Onboarding modules:
- Lead: Melissa Nugent, RN, BSN, CCRN, CCTC, Clinical Educator for Transplant, Texas Children’s Hospital (TX)
- Deborah Mast, BA, Manager, Finance & Data, Stanford University Medical Center (CA)
- Jamie V. Bucio, CPTC, EMT-P, Lead Organ Procurement Coordinator, Thoracic Procurement, University of Chicago Medical Center (IL)
- Karen Hadzic, MSN, RN, Organ Transplant Quality Manager, Richard DeVos Heart & Lung Transplant Program, Spectrum Health DeVos Children’s Hospital (MI)
- Leanna K. Darland, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacy Generalist – Pediatrics, West Virginia University Medicine, (WV)
- Nina Jarvis, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, Heart Transplant/LVAD, Barnes-Jewish Hospital (MO)
- Renee Bennett, RN, BSN, CNOR, CCTC, CCTN, Transplant Administrator, Transplant Center, Cleveland Clinic Florida (FL)
- Valinda Jones, RN, MSN, Pre-Transplant Coordinator Special Services (Quality), Harper University Hospital (MI)
The Alliance would also like to acknowledge the following Transplant Leadership Council members for their time and expertise in reviewing the modules:
- Council Chair: Ana Hands, MD, Vice President, International Health & Transplant Services, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute (LA)
- Betty Crandall, RN, MS, Administrative Director, Transplant Services, Wake Forest Baptist Health (NC)
- Gwen McNatt, RN, PhD, CNN, FNP-BC, Director of Operations, Infectious Disease Center and Kovler Organ Transplantation Center Northwestern Memorial Hospital (IL)
- Jaclyn Bannon, MHA, Transplant Regulatory Manager, Johns Hopkins Hospital (MD)
- John Rosendale, MS, Biostatistician & Senior Performance Analyst, United Network for Organ Sharing (VA)
- Jon Snyder PhD, MS, Director, Transplant Epidemiology, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation (MN)
- Laura Butler, MSN, FNP-BC, MMHC, Director, Organ Transplant, TriStar Centennial Medical Center (TN)
- Randall S. Sung, MD, Surgical Director, Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation, Associate Professor of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center (MI)
- Stephan Moore MHA, FACHE, CMPE, Administrative Director, Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support, University of Florida Health – Shands Transplant Center (FL)
- Stuart Sweet, MD, PhD, W. McKim Marriott Professor of Pediatrics, Washington University (MO)
- Timothy J. Stevens, BSN, RN, CCTC, Director, Transplant Services, Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and Children’s Hospital (WA)