Terms & Conditions
By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept and agree to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions as set forth below and acknowledge that any other agreements between you and the Organ Donation and Transplantation Alliance (the Alliance) to the contrary of these Terms and Conditions of Use are superseded and of no force or effect.
Internet Use Policy
1. You may freely browse the Site and download information from this Site, including any text, images, audio, and video for non-commercial, personal or professional use. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without written permission of the Alliance. The Alliance neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Alliance. With the exception of the foregoing limited authorization, no license to or right in the Information, or any copyright of the Alliance or of any other party is granted or conferred to you.
2. In no event will the Alliance or any of its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages arising out of the use or inability to use the Site or the content
3. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on this Site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or non-infringement. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply. While the Alliance uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Alliance makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Information. The Alliance assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. In particular, the Alliance will not be liable for the accuracy, completeness, adequacy, timeliness, or comprehensiveness of the information contained on the Site.
4. The Alliance also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site. The Alliance reserves the right to modify the information contained in this Site without notice, and makes no commitment to update the information contained in this Site. The Alliance does not accept responsibility or liability whatsoever for any interruption or discontinuance of any or all functionality of its Site, whether the result of actions or omissions of an entity of the Alliance or a third party.
5. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of the Alliance or its affiliates and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting.
6. Any unauthorized use of any images on the Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
7. The logos and service marks displayed on the Site are trademarks of the Alliance and its affiliates. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Alliance. Unauthorized use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site is strictly prohibited.
9. Any reference to any institution, organization, entity, individual, product, brand, process, therapy, drug, or service does not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation. The names of health care centers, organizations or vendors do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation. Any opinions, advice, statements, services or other information provided by, or made by, a third party are those of the respective contributors or authors.
10. Links to this Site are permitted only to the home page. You may not link to any other pages without the prior written consent of The Alliance.
12. The Web servers of The Alliance and its affiliates may collect the domain names of visitors to our Site. This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time of visit, pages viewed, etc., in order to measure the use of the Site and improve content as may be necessary. The Alliance only collects personal information from our visitors who submit it on a voluntary basis. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, e-mail address, phone number and the like. Unless specifically stated, we do not require this information to obtain access to any part of our Site. The Alliance endeavors to make such personal information secure against unauthorized use and access. The personal information collected is only used for the specific purpose for which it is submitted. The Alliance and its affiliates do not sell or transmit personal information to other organizations.
13. You will indemnify The Alliance from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, suits, actions, demands, proceedings, (whether legal or administrative) and expenses arising out of or relating to any use of any discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like contained on this Site, including any that may arise from a violation of this notice. Such claims shall include, but shall not be limited to, claims based upon trademark, service mark, trade name, copyright and patent infringement, trademark dilution, tortious interference with contract or prospective business relations, unfair competition, defamation or injury to reputation, misrepresentation or breach of warranty, or other injuries or damage to business.
14. The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia will apply to all matters relating to the use of this. The Alliance may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.