The Alliance Advancement Series
Presented on: Thursday, May 26, 2022
This course will explore the effects of immunosuppressive drugs on the cognitive functioning of transplant recipients. We will review medication and non-medication related risk factors following a solid-organ transplant, from perioperative and beyond. Additionally, we will explore effective medication management strategies to help patients suffering from cognitive impairment to ensure successful post-transplant medical follow-up.
- Define cognitive impairment.
- Outline medication and non-medication related risk factors for cognitive impairment post-transplant.
- Describe calcineurin inhibitor (CNI) induced Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES).
- Develop management strategies to address cognitive impairment post-transplant.
- Explain the risk of unmanaged cognitive impairment on medical adherence.
Members of the donation and transplantation community serving diverse populations to include administrators, coordinators, physicians, nurses, surgeons, managers, quality improvement specialists, social workers, and other donation and transplantation center professionals and their colleagues.