At a Glance
Strategies to Increase Organ Utilization
Tuesday, March 16, 2021, at 2:00pm – 2:30pm EDT / 11:00am – 11:30am PDT
Join us as Dr. Adyr Moss, Chair for the Division of Transplant Surgery at Mayo Clinic Arizona, leads an interactive discussion of several approaches to increasing organ utilization among transplant centers, including the following:
- Modifying organ acceptance criteria
- Changes to program culture
- Developing processes that optimize team preparedness
- Developing/strengthening relationships with OPOs and outside surgeons
- Building upon your own and other transplant program experiences
The Alliance Conversation Series brings you cost-free, fast-paced collaborative opportunities that highlight successful donation and transplantation practices across the country. Through shared insight, multidisciplinary experts identify solutions to critical challenges affecting the community of practice and actively share them for open discussion and broader knowledge of effective practices.
Sessions are designed to be approximately 30-45 minutes in length and encourage real-time feedback and participation from viewers.
- To learn about the strategies utilized at MCA to increase organ utilization.
- To learn about the steps taken to implement the strategies.
- To learn about the effects of the strategies on the transplant team.
- To learn about the MCA transplant outcomes.
Transplant Center Professionals, Surgeons, Organ Procurement Organization Professionals, Quality Improvement Professionals and Leadership, OPO and Transplant Center Leadership, Directors, Managers, Clinicians, Front-line staff and individuals interested in improving relationships between OPO and Transplant programs