The Alliance is pleased to announce our topics for the 2022 Advancement Learning Series webinars for the donation and transplantation community of practice.
The Advancement Learning Series, The Alliance’s well-recognized professional learning program, is an online series of hour-long classes presented several times per month. Experts discuss cutting-edge topics ranging from innovations in the field to emerging effective practices for broader implementation.
“The Advancement Learning Series is an engaging forum that cascades the knowledge of leading experts in the field. Our ultimate goal is to offer opportunities for community collaboration that equip healthcare professionals with the necessary tools to advance donation and transplantation practices and improve patient survival,” says Deanna Fenton, Program Manager at The Alliance. “With the ongoing support of the entire community of practice, we’re able to accomplish just that.”
Critical areas and topics to explore through The Alliance learning programs are curated from the feedback received from the community-wide “You Share, We Listen” survey as well as input from The Alliance Board of Directors, National Councils, and Faculty Workgroups, which are comprised of leaders within the field. The expert faculty workgroups overseeing the development of the Advancement Learning Series then collaborate to further develop each by assessing the priority area(s) of focus and identifying leading national experts to share critical insights on those areas. The Advancement Learning Serious spotlights four multidisciplinary content areas: Donation, Transplant, Innovation, and Brain Death.
2022 Advancement Series Webinar Topics include:
- OPO Training Programs & Staff Education – Thursday, January 11, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Hospital Development – Thursday, February 8, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Authorization Strategies Part 1: Timely Referrals & Approaches – Thursday, March 8, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Authorization Strategies Part 2: Early Engagement & Clinical Intervention – Tuesday, April 5, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Authorization Strategies Part 3: Family Support & Aftercare – Thursday, May 10, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Donor Management – Thursday, June 7, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Building Resiliency Among Donation Professionals – Thursday, August 9, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Case Reviews – Thursday, September 13, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- CMS Final Rule – Thursday, October 4, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- COVID-Related Donation & Transplant – Thursday, November 8, 2022 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Navigating Transplant Recipient Survivor’s Guilt – Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Access to Transplant Care for Underserved Communities – Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Sex & Transplantation – Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Managing Teen ‘Pediatric’ Patients as an Adult Candidate – Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Immunosuppression Medication Management – Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 3pm ET/ 12pm PT
- Offer Acceptance Practices – Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Allocation – Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- The Transplant Revenue Cycle – Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Barriers in Listing Transplant Patients & Waitlist Management – Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- COVID Vaccinations – Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 3pm ET / 12pm PT
- Xenotransplant Breakthrough – Tuesday, February 1, 2021 at 2pm ET / 11am PT
- Artificial Heart Transplants – Exact date to be determined
- Human Organ Bank for Transplants – Exact date to be determined
Additional Brain Death-Focus webinars will be announced at a later date.
Each webinar garners 1 CEPTC and/or 1 nursing contact hour, upon completion of a brief post-webinar evaluation. Select webinars also offer CME and/or dietitian credits. For more information about The Alliance Continuing Education credits, click here.
The best way to take full advantage of the Advancement Learning Series is with a 2022 Professional Partnership. For a single annual assessment, partner organizations receive access to all live webinar programs, with additional tiered benefits and discounts designed to accommodate the needs of your team. Click here to learn more about Professional Partnership Benefits and discounts.
To learn more about The Alliance Advancement Learning Series Program, visit https://www.organdonationalliance.org/events/live-advancement-series/.